Year 1 Key Objectives
- Read and write numerals from 0 to 20, then beyond; use knowledge of place value to position these numbers on a number track and number line.
- Use the vocabulary related to addition and subtraction and symbols to describe and record addition and subtraction number sentences.
- Derive and recall all pairs of numbers with a total of 10 and addition facts for totals to at least 5; work out the corresponding subtraction facts.
- Visualise and name common 2-D shapes and 3-D solids and describe their features; use them to make patterns, pictures and models.
- Answer a question by recording information in lists and tables; present outcomes using practical resources, pictures, block graphs or pictograms.
- Estimate, measure, weigh and compare objects, choosing and using suitable uniform non-standard or standard units and measuring instruments (e.g. a lever balance, metre stick or measuring jug).